blogobo

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thank You MBFI Family


 My quest on becoming a Metrobank Scholar was indeed God’s favor.

I was born barely having parents beside me. My mother, who is a nurse, left us to pursue her dreams abroad. I was eleven months old then and the youngest among three boys. My father took care of us up until he became a fugitive of the law when i was in grade 3. Life is hard, mind you, without any parents living beside you nor giving you advises and support. God has been so gracious that He didn’t allowed us to have no shelter, food and clothing. God provided us a family who would take good care of us. My father’s sisters took us and became our guardians. They chose not to have a family of their own and be a responsible guardians.


I lived independently ever since my parents was not around. I strive really hard to be on top of the game. Learning the basics on my own, selling ice drop in our school, and save a little of my allowance to buy educational books. Walking was always a part of my life. To save more, I seldom ride a transport and just walk.

I have learned a lot since childhood. I owe them all to my wonderful Aunts who has always been there for me and to my siblings.

After graduating in High School, I started wondering if I could go to college. At that time, I was ashamed of asking a big favor to my guardians to send to me to a good university. I started applying for a scholarship, without them knowing it. I prayed really hard to God to order everything and allow me to pass any scholarship. I’ve waited for an answer.

My heart was pounding, beating fast, as the day of enrollment comes near. I have chosen a course way back in grade school. Since then I was preparing myself to face a degree in Biology and be a medical doctor after. I enrolled in Ateneo de Davao University with a degree in Biology. I could get a part time job while going to school, i told myself. But right after I could pass all the requirements to the registrar, i received a call and told me that I passed the Metrobank Scholarship. My mouth was shut. I don’t know how to react and just thank God for the blessing. I went immediately back to Cotabato City and enrolled in Notre Dame University. While my dream was to become a doctor, the course granted by the Foundation was BS in Accountancy and BS in Mathematics.  I later chose BS in Accountancy. At first I was shocked by the numbers and later loved them. After graduation, i finally saw my mother and her new family.

I thanked God all the more when I finished a degree. I said that without God’s blessing and favor and without the foundation, one person’s dream may not be realized. When a person strive so hard, God sees the effort and grants him his desire, touching other people to be a vessel and an instrument in achieving that desire. To Tito Chito, and all my MBFI Family, words of thanks may not be enough. I continually pray that you will inspire more people in believing and achieving their dreams.

I now pursue my Doctor of Philosophy degree, it may not be a medical doctor that I desired before, still I thank God that I could help other people as well.

Thank you so much 

No comments:

Chitika

Boarders ni kuya