blogobo

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Massacred Death: After a Year of Remembrance

Who could not forget the gruesome massacre of almost 52 innocent people? It literally left a taint at the history of the Philippines, even for the whole world. As I recall, I saw the faces of people marching raising banners shouting "JUSTICE", lighting candles of hope and praying unceasingly.

My friend's father was one of them. A broadcaster, who only wished to bring truth and light to every news he delivers was brutally massacred. Who would have thought a guy like him, so giving and passionate to his family and job, be buried together with other mediamen. You could see the pain in every tears they cried, the hurts in every shout, the love in their hearts for their father.

Now, a year after, we remember them. As we've talked to the family, we could feel the pain still lurking in their veins. If only their hearts could talk, we could hear the cry of pain and justice. A year after massacre the case, justice was not been brought. They still clamor for the system to be just and to hasten the case. System after system, we seek its trustworthiness.

May this verse in the Bible inspire you today.



PSALM 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me to the path of righteousness for his name sake.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil
for you are with me. your rod and staff they comfort me;
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil;
my cups runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments:

Chitika

Boarders ni kuya